Monday, May 11, 2009

P.O.W Camps

Today I went to the driving center because I have to get a drivers license for my job. The building looks like some kind of pow camp and the workers at the driving center were about as friendly as people actually being held as pow`s. They were nice enough, but didn't really seem to have the time to deal with me and my lack of fluent Japanese and to add insult to injury the driving center is in the middle of fucking nowhere and I am not allowed to take the test again for 2 weeks due to some kind of problem with my paperwork. This whole process is slowly making want to kill every person who has a Japanese drivers liscense.

I went out drinking saturday night with my co worker and one of his friends whose name escapes me. We went to the usual place we go but it was kinda dead so we stayed for only two drinks then we went to a different usual place which was also pretty dead but we met up with some of my co workers other friends and these two Japanese people i didnt know. Everyone (my co worker and his friends) wanted to go to some dance club type place and we all know how much I love going to dance clubs, so I didnt go with them. I ended up hanging out with the two Japanese people for a bit then we went to a bar that one of their friends owns and it was pretty nice. They were nice people and gave me their contact info and mailed me the next day to say thanks and invite me over to their place for a dinner part which was really cool of them since I really do not have that many friends out here.

Other than that not much is really going on. I really need to get this drivers liscense so I am freaking out about it a little cause it is totally inconvient for my new boss and her staff that i do not have a liscense, so I dont really want to piss her off. But hopefully it will get sorted out soon.

I don`t know of any of them read this blog but to Missy, Dan and Heather congrats on your soon to be weddings and I am sorry I can`t be there to celebrate with you. But good luck and congrats anyway.

1 comment: