Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So I took the driving test again last Monday and let me tell you it was like some hilarious teen movie where a kid is in desperate need of a license to drive to a party where he expects to lose his virginity to some girl. But instead of getting his license the main character falls prey to one hilarious wacky situation after another. I will just tell you about the test itself. There were three of us taking the test. Me, a Japanese girl and a Japanese guy. The instructor (who thought by yelling slowly inches from my face would somehow make me understand more of he was saying) made us all stand equal distance apart in a row. I was chosen to go first and literally without joking failed almost immediately. I tried to pull out of the spot with the emergency brake on and in Japan the turn signal is on the right of the wheel, not the left. The left side controls the windshield wiper. So not only did I try pulling out with the cars emergency brake still pulled up but I also accidental set off the windshield wipers. I started laughing but my stone faced instructor however did not find is as funny. So i ended up turning on the windshield wipers about 9 times but even if I didn't do that then I would have failed. The best was when I guess i dint stop long enough at a stop sign and he started yelling "stop stop stop stop stop" as if I was punching his mother in the face with brass knuckles. I think when all is said and done that I will end up killing at least one person who works at this driving center. It will not be pretty.

1 comment:

  1. :) I laughed a lot while reading this. If you want to make your instructor feel better about your test - maybe you can tell him about the time when I drove on the wrong side of the median in Pilsen...

    ReplyDelete