Tuesday, June 16, 2009

As I have mentioned before there is an indoor market / eatery in my new town and tonight i went there to get some sushi. There is only one place to get sushi there. It is a small tiny glass counter about as wide as two people and the chef is the biggest hardass ever. He is this short kinda older guy who has a death stare like no other. He reminds of a japanese soup nazi from Seinfeld. I have not heard him say one word in the 5 times or so that I have gotten sushi from his stand. When it is my turn he doesn't even look at me and i tell him my order and he makes it silently and then just sticks out his hand without telling me how much I have to pay him. But today, after 5 times of getting food from him when i walked up he gave me a slight nod and immediately got the take out box ready (because I always get take out). I have only see him say anything once and it was to the lady who runs the booth next to his. He said 3 words and she cracked up, which leads me to believe that he has every middle aged woman who works at this market wrapped around his stone faced finger. He rules.

1 comment: