Saturday, June 13, 2009

I will start off my latest blog post with a bang. Today I saw a small, hunched backed, middle aged woman wearing a shirt that said the following: "For Rent(the t shirt had a picture of a for rent sign and in the white white rectangle at the bottom there was..) please call 1-453-Horny.
This is not the first time I have seen totally sexually explicit t shirts worn by people who I am sure have no idea what they are wearing. Like the 4 year old girl I saw wearing a "slut" t shirt the other day. So good / horrible.

The weekend has finally come, even though I shouldn't complain because my job is not difficult at all and last week was pretty easy for me I am happy to see the weekend arrive none the less. Tonight I am going to a restaurant with an alleged "south east Asian flair" but to me it looks like a small cafeteria in someones garage. But it is supposed to be really good and it is literally 1 minute walking from my apartment, so I hope that it is good so i can become a frequent patron. While I am on the topic of food I found a place that sells Johnsonville brats, which to everyone in America might not seem like a big deal but to me it was like finding a bag of money. I was seriously so happy and spent 10 minutes staring at them deciding if i wanted to buy the smoked or cheese filled. I went with smoked and regretted it almost instantly.

Sunday I really do not know what I am doing. I might just lay low or I might try to take the train to the river and go for a swim, but it all really depends on if i get drunk tonight or not. If i do then instead of going swimming in the river I will probably spend the day moaning and rolling around in my bed wishing I hadn`t drank so much. But there is really nothing to do in my town but drink and eat. I am surprised I have not turned into a fat alcoholic pig yet, but i am sure that is not far off. There is a Sunday market in Kochi and you can get veggies and fruits brutally cheap. So i always try to go there and even if i don`t buy anything the atmosphere is pretty great and you can at least get fresh lemonade or something like that, which is good for a hangover. My co worker Rosie turned me on to this drink at the large beer garden that is the local hangout for everyone who lives in this town. It has freshly squeezed (you watch the lady squeeze them) strawberries mixed with Japanese alcohol. It is awesome and will be all I drink whenever I am at the above mentioned beer garden.

to be continued. .....

3 comments:

  1. ha - both Julian and I laughed out loud at "but to me it looks like a small cafeteria in someone's garage." Hope the meal was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I called and nobody picked up :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete